Friday, May 8, 2009

Everlasting Choc-chip Cookies

There isn't a photo this time as we have managed to eat all the choc chip cookies! I took a plate of these biscuits to my class on Wednesday night and promised I would post the recipe. I am warning you that they are NOT everlasting at all as they are too yummy and get eaten too quickly.

The person that gave me the recipe did say that they freeze well. We eat them too quickly here to have any to freeze. The full recipe makes over 80 biscuits so I usually do half. I have also lowered the amount of choc bits as there were too many.The original recipe had 500g of milk chocolate buttons!! The halved amounts are on the right.


5 cups SR Flour        2 1/2 cups SR flour
1 1/4 cups caster sugar   5/8 cup caster sugar
500g butter -softened  250g butter -softened
400 g condensed milk     200g condensed milk
250g white choc buttons        125g white choc buttons 
250g milk choc buttons      125g milk choc buttons 

Cream the butter, add sugar and beat thoroughly. Mix in the condensed milk. Fold in the flour and mix thoroughly. Add chopped choc bits. Cook for 15 minutes (I find they take about 10 minutes in my oven) at 180 degrees.

Enjoy!

No comments: