Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A great weekend and a bit of stitching

We had a wonderful weekend away at Mt Victoria on the weekend for a family reunion. We normally get together on Boxing day but as each family has grown this has become a huge gathering. It was decided to have a lunch earlier this year and it was mainly for the "older" members of the family. We had a wonderful time at Bev's guesthouse, Closeburn House in Mt Victoria. Here are Aunty Shirley (90), Ma, Pa and Uncle Alan. Aunty Dorothy would have been looking down from heaven and wishing she were there!  
 Here are nearly all their children and their husbands and wives. We enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch and had a great time catching up on all the news. A few of us stayed overnight and enjoyed the guesthouse. Must go and visit it again.
 I have been stitching a little. I am very pleased with my little stitching bag from Some Kind of Wonderful. It was a bit time consuming but it went together well except for the times that I didn't take care with my measurements!!!
 As we were travelling I did a bit of secret Christmas stitching in the car.
 I also managed to applique a few pumpkins on Friday for the In my Garden quilt.
 Here is the last stitched block of Christmas Fun. Now to make the pieced blocks and put it together.
 It was very exciting at Hobbysew yesterday as the new Vignette magazine arrived! I wanted to shoo the customers away so I could read it! Hobbysew has them now if anyone wants one in Canberra.

2 comments:

Googy Girl said...

i love Anni's little bag i have made two now.....

it's great to fit a bit of stitching in when your travelling, i am thinking i should make Anni's bag, it would make a great traveling project bag

Chookyblue...... said...

nice time with family........love annis bag.........I need to get mine made..........