Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tilda Santa and some other stitching

I can't believe it is so long since I last posted! I have been busy and have just completed the Santa from the Tilda book, Homemade and Happy. I have been wanting to make him for a while but he was such a lot of work though I do love the result. First there was quite a bit of applique.

 Then his coat front, parts of his pants, the sleeves and the hat and beard had to be hand quilted. I think I should have made my quilting bigger as this took ages! I ended up with holes in my fingers (I have never been very good at using a thimble).
And....ta dah....here he is!
 I also forgot to show you last month's Dancing Chickens and Flying Pigs block!
 Lastly, I completed another small stitchery for the United Stitches project.
Best get organised as classes start today for fourth term! I might take Santa for show and tell.

1 comment:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Your santa looks great. I too have wanted to make him but keep putting it off. Well done.