Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Gisborne retreat

Fiona and I headed off on a road trip to Gisborne last Sunday week. We drove to Beechworth and spent the night in that lovely town. We enjoyed a delicious pizza at the Bridge Road Brewers, had a wander around the shops, bought a few bits and pieces and then had a yummy breakfast before arriving at the Gisborne Stitching retreat.
 This house was so lovely for a week's retreat. There were quilts on every bed and everything you need was there. Boards, cutters, a light box, scrap boxes, irons etc were all provided. Thanks Abbe for organising this great retreat house.




 It was very inspiring too. Rose had prepared us a couple of little projects and this was one. It is a magnetic pin cuhion.
 Some of the ladies woked on their machines and made heaps! Again it was very inspiring.

 These are Rose's Star a day blocks! I am so going to do these now after seeing hers. I have done 2!
 On Tuesday, Sue, Fiona and I headed to Ballan to visit Millrose Cottage. What a great place! We started with delicious coffee and lemon tart!
 Millrose Patchwork did not disappoint! It was amazing as always.




 We then went back to Gisborne and just had a delicious lunch at one of the lovely cafes there.
 We had another morning out in Kyneton. Again, we had very yummy morning tea here and then visited the lovely patchwork shop, called Alice in Fabricland. Good name for a shop.

Some of the ladies brought along their quilts that they are working on! 

 I worked on my Here There and Everywhere BOM and completed the stitching for this month. I also did a bit of cross stitch and canvas work.
 I also completed my shawl/scarf that I have been knitting. I was very worried about running out of wool but made it with about 3m left.
 Abbe brought over the boards and pins for me to have a fo at blocking! What a difference blocking makes. I will be buying some boards soon so I can do this again.

 I did do some shopping. Here are some of my goodies.
I also bought some gorgeous wool from Abbe. I just need some plain wool and then I can start my Timely Cardigan.
 We were given some little gifts and patterns so were very spoilt.

Here are some of us just before we headed back home.
Image may contain: 3 people, including Sylvia Frazer, people smiling, people standing and stripes
Thanks so much to Rose and Chrissie for organising this lovely retreat.

1 comment:

Michele Hill said...

It all looks wonderful Sylvia...wish we lived closer to so many of those lovely places......love the sunny skies too x