Thursday, March 5, 2020

A new start...and a weekend at the coast

I very naughtily started something new. I NEEDED something to stitch so began these Natalie Bird stitcheries They were printed on so were very easy to start. The quilt that you make with the stitcheries is made with hexagons but using a size that isn't readily available. So, thanks to some good advice, I am hand piecing them and really enjoying the process. I am mostly using my leftover stash of Nancy Halverson fabrics.
 We headed to Lake Tabourie on the weekend for our church camp. It was lovely weather but it was a shock to see the fire damage on the Clyde Mountain. Amazingly the tree ferns are all growing again and many trees are sprouting new growth. Many swam though I thought it was a bit too cool.









No comments: