Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A parcel arrived...

A wonderful parcel arrived last week when I was in Sydney. It was from Hatched and Patched in Bathurst and had my border and some more stitching fabric for the Gardener's Journal quilt. That means I can choose fabrics and perhaps get my first block done before the end of April...perhaps in the first week of May.
I pulled some fabrics out of my stash. The photo was a bit dark so the colours are a little wrong but I think they might do.
In the special package were the kits and pattern for Annie's beautiful scarves. They are so lovely.
I have been stitching a little and have been working on this sample for Hobbysew. It will be part of a wonderful, new BOM that the shop is launching soon designed by Laraine from Up in Annies room.

It was so nice to meet Sue at the shop yesterday. I only know Sue from her blog so it was very special to meet her in person. I felt like I knew her already just from reading her blog.

3 comments:

Suedio said...

Hi Sylvia,

Lovely to spend time with you yesterday!

I really like the border fabric you've chosen. Now you just have to keep stitching :)

Hoping to see a photo of you wearing one of those scarves soon (you know it's cold enough now!).

Regards, Sue

鍾FeR_Quade0426 said...

以簡單的行為愉悅他人的心靈,勝過千人低頭禱告。........................................

Chookyblue...... said...

oh you will love the scarf.......it is beautiful..........

goodluck getting your first block done for the Stitch-a-long