Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stitching progress

I am slowly tidying my bits and pieces from the trip and thought I had best share some recent stitching. This little canvas work was a kit and I took it away with me and managed to stitch it while on holidays. Of course it needs to be stitched together.
I also started the Bareroots advent calendar pattern and have stitching about 8 of the 25 blocks. The pattern also has this little scene with Santa and I thought they would make nice decorations for gifts.
One of my favourite books is "The World as it should be" by Anni Downs, so I stitched 2 more book marks. Might keep one for me this time.
Before my holiday I had started this lovely felt cupcake mat from this delightful book. I thought I was finished on Wednesday and so I showed it to the ladies at stitching and left it as a sample at the shop. I got a little shock when I checked the picture in the book and I hadn't stitched the dots on the candles, the wicks or the flame highlights! I still think it is pretty but fancy forgetting all those details.

2 comments:

catita said...

Sylvia!
that canvas kit is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatkis said...

Wow, all your stitching works are so nice!
And I've received my book "Quilt a gift" just 3 days ago and now trying to decide what project to start first :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana