Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Some more of the stitching retreat

We had such a lovely time at the retreat. We did do some stitching, though some stitched more than others. Sue drove me to the retreat and it was great to share the weekend with her. Here she is with her felt bag almost done! Sue brought along her 1952, I think, machine to use and it is so beautiful. I stitched the little felt applique for the pocket but didn't feel like machining so enjoyed the hand work.
Here are some of the bloggers before dinner. Me, Sandy, Kate, Sheree, Fiona and Sue. It was so special to meet up with these lovely girls.
In the evening we had show and tell. It was tricky to take photos but here am I showing my World as it should be quilt.
This was my favourite quilt. It is one of Anni's patterns (the BOM patterns are in my collection!) and it was appliqued using woven wool felt as well as fabric. It was so beautiful.

Here is Sue with her bag almost finished.
We had to have a picture with Anni.
Fiona decided to "pretend" that she had finished several of Anni's projects which was really funny. Anni wasn't too keen to give up her beautiful samples. I am so inspired to make up all the patterns and kits that I have collected after being surrounded with Anni's gorgeous samples.
Here are our tutors with Kim, from Jukejema, who organised the retreat. Thanks, girls, for a wonderful time.

4 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Thanks for the pictures...looks like you had a great time!

FloS said...

You are very, very lucky !!!!
A lot of fun as I can see !!!
Florence

DAWNIE said...

oh some gorgeous things i too love annis designs looks like you had a lot of fun too

Chookyblue...... said...

love all the pics you have shared.......lots of fun...........cheeky cheating Fiona there..........lol........(that would be me but don't tell her that)