Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting ready...

Spent some time on the weekend getting ready for our holiday. Only 8 sleeps to go before we head off on this ship!!! Can't wait. I just had to get some stitching ready as there are some sea days and not much to do other than chat, read, eat and sew. We are heading off with Ma and Pa and Jeni and Paul on another adventure together.
Our Ships - ms Volendam








Here we are when we cruised to New Zealand in 2009. So looking forward to some great times and so pleased that Pa is able to cruise again.
Here are some of the projects I have prepared to work on. I have had this gorgeous pattern for a Sewing folder by Anni Downs for a while and have been wanting to make it. I needle turned the applique pieces ready to work on the stitching.
These little bits were a little tricky but will look so good with the stitching.
 I also traced some cross stitch stars for one of the borders of Scandinavian Christmas.
 I also prepared the colours for a couple of Anni's little stitchery kits.
 Oh dear, that might not be enough. Can't head off without enough stitching!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Have a great holiday, wish I was coming with you! Are you about to do Anni's little jewellry box? If so suggest you use a stiffer vliesafix than she does as tho it looks lovely it is difficult to use cos it collaspses a bit. Am trying to persuade myself to undo it and put in something stiffer!