Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lovely quilts and some stitching

It was so exciting on Tuesday to see Roni's quilted Red Home quilt. It looks so good! Can't wait to make one....maybe next year.
 Jude came in a few weeks to choose some thread for this amazing "Tree of Life" quilt. She has painted the black fabric and then machine quilted all over it. It was so special to see it finished. Jude did a class at the shop with Helen Godden to learn the techniques.

 I have been stitching a little too in between some secret preparation for Stitching on the Lake. This was the Rosalie Quinlan project at Urban stitching in Melbourne and it is nice to see it stitched.


 I have been wanting to do some of the gorgeous projects in the Simple Life book by Anni Downs so started the pencil case the other day.
 I also won a giveaway on Dzintra's blog! Lucky me.
 It was this very yummy looking cooking magazine. The chocolate pudding on the front looks amazing!
 Dzintra also sent a delicious chocolate with the magazine. Thanks so much, Dzintra.
Fiona and I have had an amazing response to the Stitching on the Lake days in November. The first day, on 17 November is full. The second day, on 24 November still has places if you are planning to come and haven't booked yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that quilt,xx

Susan said...

Beautiful quilts, the tree is very artistic. I love your stitching, lovely colours and detail.

Gina E. said...

The Tree Of Life art quilt is sensational. I look at those art quilts in shows and wish I could make one, but I doubt that I ever will. Too much else on the go! Your stitching looked familiar straight away - my friend Sharon was at Rosalie's urban retreat, and she has been working on exactly the same design.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

You are very welcome Sylvia...enjoy that pudding!