Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sewing....

I have called this post sewing as I have actually done some machining this past week. My fellow blogger, Chookyblue, has been spending at least 10 minutes in her sewing room each day so I tried it. I do go in there often to cut things, iron things and plan but I don't sit and machine often enough. Well ....it worked. I put together the last block of Scandinavian Rose! I know, you have seen the slow progress of this quilt over the many years (it was started in 2014) but to add the last few little squares was very satisfying. It made me think of Rosalie, the designer too, who sadly died from rotten cancer a few weeks ago.
 I also completed the last block of Dancing Chickens and Flying Pigs. I will miss creating these each month. Still tossing up about doing Anni's new BOM that is starting soon Very tempting!
 I have enjoyed cross stitching this fellow too. I have started the third one! It is easy and relaxing to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia,you always do such lovely work,love your projects and it was very sad to hear about Rosie xx

Gudrun said...

love your stitcheries and of course the "dalahäst" ,Dala horse!
Greetings from Sweden.
Gudrun

Chookyblue...... said...

In glad you are doing the 10mins to...... I've lived being back on the machine...... I realised the time I had in the shed was mostly prepping for epp.... Or cleaning up from that mess....... I can only truely remember sewing on the machine at the chookshed birthday party....... I have loved it...... And actually doing ten minutes each day sometimes is only the ten but sometimes it turns to 20 or 30.......