Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Favourite quilts

Thought I would share my favourite quilts with you today. These 2 projects took a very long time to make especially the first one. It is from a book called Folk Art Seasons by Carol Endres and the mad quilt was pieced, appliqued and embroidered and took me about 5 years to slowly complete it. Each block was so time consuming that I had to do just a little each month in order to finish it. It became a Block of the year instead of Month! I even quilted this one myself!




The second quilt was a Block of the Month from a shop in Melbourne. It is called Quilted Village and is by Janet Miller. The pattern lets you stitch the houses in a variety of ways but I foundation pieced mine. It was a delightful quilt to make as the houses went together well and then the trees and plants were appliqued and embroidered and the centre is pieced. The choice of fabrics by the shop was excellent. It lives on my lounge room wall all the time except at Christmas.




1 comment:

Chocolate Cat said...

These are just gorgeous! What an achievement especially the first one.