Monday, February 2, 2009

Two finished quilts!

Thought I would share two of my latest finished projects. I have been working on these over the last few years so finishing them completely is a lovely feeling. The first one is Leanne Beaseley's Block of the Month "Journey of the Quilter". I started this in 2007 and taught it at a lovely shop called Canberra Needlework. Sadly the shop has now closed which is such a shame as we had lots of great stitching times there. The top has been finished for quite a while and has just been professionally quilted at the end of 2008 and I have finally completed the binding and label in January this year! Here it is.


The second quilt that I have completed is "Polka Dot Girls" by Bronwyn Hayes. It is a very pretty quilt with stitcheries and patchwork. Hobbysew does it as a Block of the Month. My husband thought he could recognise some of the girls on the quilt...Anyone we know? I had it quilted by Robyn too and it looks great. I have stitched a label as well. I sometimes think I like making the label better than the quilt.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Sylvia..........about time you began blogging. You put me to shame, I still haven't finished the quilting on my Leanne Beasly quilt, hand quilting is not my thing but maybe 2009 will be the year of the UFO, who knows what I could have finished by December 31 this year.

Chocolate Cat said...

Congratulations! These are two beautiful quilts although I like the Polka Dot Girls the most. Your stitching is wonderful. Wish I still lived closer to be inspired often!!

Cathy said...

Horray! Well done! Looking forward to following your stitching advetures

Lyndal said...

They are beautiful! I will have to start on one of those when I get back (I will need some free lessons of course!).
If you have run out of wall space I can also offer some available wall space at my house!??
xxoo

Miri said...

Great quilts-the Polka Dot quilt is wonderful-I love the mixture of soft floral fabrics and stitcheries.