Monday, July 13, 2009

Rug hooked piece and a tiny carpet of flowers

Here are the last 2 things that I had framed. This is a piece of rug hooking that I bought last year in Canada. It was so nice to get to Canada and find some handmade crafts. The lady who had this stall was the grand daughter of a lady who had been rug hooking all her life and the family were still rug hooking and selling their goods. There were some amazing large pieces but I bought this one to have framed and to remind me of our lovely holiday. Still trying to work out where to hang it. She even gave me the little hook, which is a bent nail in a piece of wood. Must have a go sometime!
This tiny piece is a little miniature carpet I designed for my daughter, Lyndal, and Nick's wedding card. I had one framed for them and hadn't framed my practise one! I am teaching this in the Floriade day later in the term at the shop. It is only 1 1/2" or so square.

No comments: