I finished this little stitched pencil case last week and am pleased with it. It is another project for the Term 1 classes. I used the lovely ticking fabric by Blackbird designs and managed to put a zipper in! I haven't needed to sew a zipper in for a long time...not since my clothes sewing days. It wasn't as hard as I remembered. I have also made a little button bead thing to hang on the zipper so will show you when I take another picture.
It has been so sad to see the news over the last few weeks as Queensland is so flooded. What a terrible time for everyone in those areas. We are thinking of them and praying for those who are living through such terrible times.