Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Classes, a little finish and a new start

Last week ended up busy with retreat planning and kit making and classes started as well. It was lovely, a always, to catch up with the ladies and see and hear what the have been up to. Anita went away and did so much sewing! Check out this lovely owl bag.

 She also made this runner and the quilt top below!

 I have been knitting and finished this little cardigan for Alice. Just needs some buttons!
 I did start something new though! I bought this Yoko Saito Mystery quilt as a BOM last year and hadn't started as I had told myself that I couldn't start till Vignette and In My garden were completed tops. Now they are, so I got these lovely Japanese fabrics out and have began block one. Lots of fiddly needle turn but I am pleased with it. I am now working on the embroidery which is fun. I will try and stitch a block each month.

2 comments:

FloS said...

Well done on the Yoko Saïto block !! It's a beautiful quilt but a bit challenging !!
The little cardigan is very cute !!
Florence

Lyndal said...

Our girl is going to look so cute in that cardigan mum! You're so clever