Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sydney Craft Show

I have just enjoyed a very busy but fun time in Sydney helping on the BeBe Bold stall at the Sydney Craft show which was held for the first time at Glebe Island. I thought it was going to be a bit of a fuss getting there but in the end it was very easy. Thankfully they had more buses than expected. I caught the train to Central and then the free bus from there and it was very convenient. You could also catch the ferry which would have been lovely too. The venue was very light and airy too. It was a delight to help Jane, Cally and Kate on this busy but beautiful stall. I did bring some goodies home with me from this stall as I felt like buying all the things that the customers were buying!

 Here is a view of one of the aisles early in the morning before the crowds arrived.
 It was also a pleasure to catch up with Anni Downs and her hubby too! They always have a beautiful and tempting stall!
 Round the corner from BeBe Bold was the Material Obsession stall. It is such a lovely colourful stall! I enjoyed meeting Cathy and was especially delighted to meet the very talented Wendy Williams who wrote the book that I bought just last week. Her samples were amazing. I just love all the felt she uses in her projects.

 This quilt on the wall is Wendy's new BOM. It is amazing!
 As I was working, I didn't get to wander around too much but did duck in for a quick look at the many beautiful quilts. Can you see Steph from the lovely patchwork shop in Moruya?
 Here are just a few of the many quilts on display!

 These quilts were in the Living colour exhibition and I just love the colours and the embroidered details.




 It was also fun to see some familiar faces and especially to catch up with Chooky! We also caught up with a few other blogging pals as well but I wasn't organised enough to take a picture.
Nice to be home though and to catch up with the little men and little Alice this afternoon. Felt like we hadn't seen them in ages!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia awesome pics,thankyou for sharing,great you got to catch up with Chooky xx

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

I enjoyed the show too and it was lovely meeting you Sylvia. (One of my secret sewing sisters). Great picks.. i was a little slack on the picture taking. Xx Lea

Chookyblue...... said...

I am so pleased I caught a glimpse and then found you at the show.....quick but a lovely catch up........