Monday, February 8, 2016

A new stitching start!

I shouldn't be starting anything new but just couldn't resist Lynette Anderson's new Button club project, Anderson's Farm. Hobbysew is getting the patterns so it was just too easy to join up and also to bring home the first block on Saturday. Sunday afternoon was lovely and quiet so I did the applique on the first block.

 It was lovely to catch up with Fiona in Braidwood on Saturday. We had to do a bit of Stitching on the Lake organisation and finally managed to catch up and exchange Christmas gifts. I was so thrilled to receive this wonderful canvas scissor keep and some gorgeous tiny scissors.

I have still be stitching these little stitcheries for the quilt in Anni Downs' book, The Story of my Day. They are a lovely size and easy to take wherever you are going.

 I also put another block together. I love the words on this one....Time for another fabulous day! Now off to the sewing room to so some fabulous stitching.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Lovely blocks. I am hoping to do button club too,just waiting to see if the shop I join `Button Club` is taking part this year. Happy Stitching.