Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A surprise meeting and the Bay of Islands

We were floating around on the ocean on the first day of our cruise when a lovely lady recognised me! Dianne is a reader of this blog and noticed that I was coming on the cruise and looked out for me. How amazing is that! We organised to catch up so she could show me her lovely stitching. Margot, from the Wednesday night class, was on the ship too so she came and met Dianne too. Sadly it was a little dark and I don't know what I was doing with the camera but the photos aren't wonderful though the stitching was. Dianne loves crinoline ladies and was stitching this beautiful piece. Checkout the closeup below.

She was also using felt to make a lovely bag.
Dianne had also beautifully embroidered this little house pincushion. The stitching was tiny!


She is also making a lovely bag using a doiley. Both sides were stitched beautifully.
This is Dianne's needlecase! Too many long and short stitches on the roof for me! I didn't see Dianne again after that but hope she had a lovely time on the rest of the cruise.
Our first stop was in the Bay of Islands and here we are with the ship in the background. We hired a people mover and explored a little. It is a very beautiful part of the world.
We visited a delightful town called Russell and checked out the lovely shops and the beach.

No comments: