Monday, February 22, 2010

The backing pieced and some balloons

I managed to get going and pieced the backing for my "World as it should be" quilt and am ready to send it to the quilters. I should do it myself but haven't the inclination and would rather do other things. Sue, a fellow blogger, suggested that we think of it as "doing the bit you love and giving someone else the opportunity to do they bit they love doing. In the end, it is better to have a finished quilt that you can use and enjoy, than one which is just a top and stuck away in a cupboard somewhere! After all, this is meant to be fun isn't it?" I so agree, Sue, and am planning to ring Robyn today. Here is the back.
I traced some of the pictures from the book to start the label.
Had to share these hot air balloons with you even though I was asleep and didn't see them. Hubby was up and about and took these photos near our place.
I remember how shocked we were the first time we heard them flying over this house as they make quite an unusual noise and we didn't know what it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sylvia, so glad you got the back pieced and are sending it off. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt (and I'm sure you, do too!!!)

Regards, Sue

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

We seem to be on the flight path of the balloons up here in Brisbane. I am often woken up on Sunday mornings with that whooshing sound - it was 6.30am last Sunday. How uncivilized!