Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A wonderful tree button and some stitching finished

Isn't this a lovely tree button? Laraine from "Up in Annies room" gave it to me last week and I can't wait to play with it. I am planning to paint it and then think up a project using it for term 2 classes. It is such a lovely button, Laraine. Thank you for letting me play with it.
I had some time stitching on the weekend and finished the second block in the Cinderberry Stitches Christmas pattern I am making. It is so easy just working with one colour.
I have also completed the largest block of Anni Down's lovely Gardener's Journal quilt. There was a lot of stitching in this one but it is a lovely block.
Just had to iron on the next Christmas block in case there is time to stitch. Natalie's stitcheries come with an iron on transfer which has a very fine line. I don't usually use these as I don't like it if there are lazy daisies to cover but as these don't have any, they are working well and are very easy.

1 comment:

catita said...

i LOVE the santa and Reindeer
is it from a book?
so CUTE!!!!
miss you all from embroidery
is there another embroidery group i am having withdrawn symptoms....and i am not a good stitcher
miss everybody
please send them my love
xoxoxoxoxoxox