Thursday, February 18, 2010

Show and Tell from the shop

Thursday is here again and I have had a lovely busy couple of days at Hobbysew, working, stitching and teaching. I do enjoy Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the shop especially as I can see what everyone is making. The Tuesday morning social group are always busy creating. One of the newer ladies brought along some of her lovely dolls to visit the shop.
Barbara was working on some weaving. She called this pin weaving. That brings back memories for me of the 70's when my sister in law, Janelle (think of her today please as she is having an operation possibly now), came to visit me when we lived in Moruya and we made large woven hangings on a large loom with all sorts of homespun and interesting wools. We both had them on our walls for many years.
Here are another set of special dolls.
Jacqui is working on this applique which will become a sewing machine cover. Great colours and I especially like the flowers over the fence. I'm not sure if they are buttons or little lace pieces.

Today is a little quieter and I may get some sewing done this afternoon. I really should sew the backing together for my "World as it should be" quilt and then it can go and be quilted. I decided to use some spare blocks and piece the back. Shouldn't take long but hasn't been done yet! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sylvia, could you please send me the name of the person on the internet that sells the little charm packs we discussed at yesterday's sewing class.

Thanks Jill