Sunday, April 3, 2011

A very special Birthday Celebration

As you may have guessed, I am about to reach a very significant age tomorrow! Yesterday, I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon tea party with my family and friends. It was so special. I have had some lovely celebrations before but never a party. Thanks to my lovely girls, and their supportive husbands, who catered for most of the food and the gorgeous weather we enjoyed a really special time. My "naughty" (naughty as there weren't to be gifts!) night ladies gave me a special gift along with with this beautiful handmade card made with a gorgeous stamp.
My daughter. Lyndal, had this cake made but decorated it herself with a stitching theme. Fairly appropriate! Isn't it wonderful? Not so sure about the 60!
There was lots of yummy food.
Some people left lovely gifts and flowers. I'll share the gorgeous flowers tomorrow.
This special card plays music when you open it! Just love the picture.
A dear friend who couldn't come sent this fantastic pop out card.
There were so many beautiful cards and I have really enjoyed reading them all.
It was such a special afternoon. 

3 comments:

FIONA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SYLVIA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ... HIP HOORAY, HIP HOORAY, HIP HOORAY !!!! NOW DON'T TRY ANY OF THOSE HULA HOOP TRICKS LIKE THE "OLD" LADIES ON YOUR CARD! IT WAS LOVELY TO SHARE YOUR BIRTHDAY AND HAVE A LOVELY DAY TOMORROW MY FRIEND! LOVE AND HUGS, FIONA

Patty C. said...

Enjoy your Birthday !!!

Unknown said...

All the best to you Sylvia, it's your birthday! xoxo Lisa