Friday, June 3, 2011

Runners, a bag and some applique

So exciting to see two runners, from the stitching day, all finished. Karen brought hers into class and had lengthened it to suit her long table and had made the ends square. Looks great, Karen.
I went to Canberra quilters last night and they had a wonderful display of Japanese fabrics and quilts to share. Sadly I didn't take any photos. Anne was there and had her finished stitching day projects with her. Here is her runner looking lovely. She has used 30's fabrics for the patchwork on her runner.
Anne has also finished her embroidered bag which looks so lovely. I must make one of these sometime.
I have managed to do the applique on my Scandinavian Christmas block this week. Now to get around to the stitching.

1 comment:

Raewyn said...

How rewarding to see the completed runners. Your appliqué on Scandinavian Christmas looks lovely - some fiddly little corners under the arms :-) Hope you get to stitching it soon.