Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Birthday blessings

I was so blessed on my birthday a few weeks ago. Then we had a few busy weeks so haven't had time to share it with you. I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with my family on Easter Monday....even the little fellows had a little cake. I also went out for dinner with hubby on the night of my birthday which was delicious. There were also some lovely gifts and I was very spoilt.
The family gave me a gorgeous red saucepan. I know it is a useful gift but this one goes into the oven so wonderful for oven baked risotto and casseroles where you need to brown the meat. They also gave me this gorgeous ship charm! Very appropriate.
 It was lovely to receive all these fat quarters from my blogging birthday swap girls. Thanks so much, everyone, they are just beautiful.
 Fiona surprised me too with the beautiful canvas work pin cushion. I just love the colours and is just so special.

 She also gave me this wonderful book by Yoko Saito. I saw it on her blog and was very tempted to order it then! Luckily I didn't.
 Here are just a couple of the wonderful pages of projects in the book.

 Karen also surprised me with this beautifully stitched project basket (for my many ongoing works...) and is is just so lovely.

 I also received lots of lovely cards.
Thanks to everyone who made my day special.

5 comments:

Deb R said...

Looks like you had a lovely birthday. Lots of lovely pressies!

Chookyblue...... said...

look at all those gorgeous fabrics.........enjoy..........

Googy Girl said...

what a gorgeous bundle of fabrics....
so lovely

i hope you had a wonderful day
look forward to seeing what you create with your fabrics

Gina E. said...

Belated Happy Birthday Sylvia! You must be an Aries like me; my 65th was on Monday 15th and I also had a really great birthday :-)

FloS said...

A lot of lovely gifts !!
Happy belated birthday !
Florence