Friday, August 9, 2013

Shopping, patterns, stitching and a little show and tell

After 2 very busy weekends with Melbourne and then our retreat, I realised that I hadn't shown my shopping or the kits and patterns we were given at Friends in Stitches. On the Friday we went to the craft show and these the patterns that I bought.
 I also "gave in" and signed up for this wonderful BOM by Yoko Saito. I had gone away planning NOT to get any BOMs as there are too many things unfinished here but this is beautiful and I couldn't resist.
 The fabrics are all gorgeous Japanese ones.
 Marg Low's stall was beautiful and her new Christmas book is lovely.
 These are the patterns we received in our goodie bag at the Friends in Stitches day.
 Finally, I have a little stitching to show! Here is block 2 of the Chateau Hexagon Button club.
 On Wednesday, it was lovely to see Karen's wonderful quilt she has been working on for her granddaughter. It is looking fabulous!

 Lynne had also finished off a delightful cushion from a pattern by Viv's Creations.
Off to the Canberra Craft and Quilt show again today. I went yesterday to do my duty (white glove duty) in the quilt show and did wander around the stalls a little, but will have a closer look today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some gorgeous buys there Slyvia,that BOM looks very cute,have fun at the show today.xx

FloS said...

Waow !! you will be busy a long time with all your new projects !! I like Yoko Saïto very much but her appliqué are so tiny ...
Bravo for your Chateau hexagone block !
I will show mine very soon !
Florence