Saturday, January 14, 2017

Stitching progress

It has been very hot here lately and it is a bit draining. Luckily we have cooling so some stitching has still been done over these lovely quiet weeks. My most pressing finish was this lovely Tilda bag that Fiona designed for our retreat last year. We are making these projects in class at Hobbysew in a few weeks so I wanted it ready.

 I am a little behind in the Splendid Sampler but with only 10 blocks to go, I do need to keep going. I have enjoyed the process and have learnt lots but will be a little pleased when it is over so I can concentrate on my many other projects.
 I also worked on the last two hand stitched blocks of Foxley village. I do need to applique another fox but mostly it is machining to be done to get the quilt together.

 My other almost finished quilt is Anderson's Farm. These are two of the 4 corner blocks.
 It was lovely to go to stitching on Wednesday and catch up with the ladies. Donna has been making this amazing woollen blanket. She is so clever!





2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Gorgeous bag......

Unknown said...

Fabulous bag Sylvia! And look how busy you have been with crafting, all looks great and all so different.