Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A very early walk....

I know that you won't believe this but last Friday I was up at 5.50 am in order to go for a walk! That's not really my kind of thing as I love to sleep in and even 7 am is early for me. I have a dear friend who loves to walk and she invited us to walk up to the Pinnacle at 6.30 am to celebrate her birthday. I huffed and puffed my way up the hill and it was a lovely view. I have lived within walking distance of this view for 10 years and have only been up a few times. I imagine it is wonderful on a sunny morning.

Here I am with some of the ladies to prove that I made it!
It was lovely to get to see Paddy's beautiful "Quilter's Journey" quilt too. Sorry the photo is fuzzy but the quilt looks so beautiful.
Paddy also showed us this great cushion cover she bought in India. It is covered in chain stitch.
Here is a closeup. I'd like to have a go at doing a little version.
Paddy has also been crocheting! Doesn't this blanket look lovely. It will be so warm and cosy.

No comments: