Friday, January 27, 2012

Australia Day

We had the loveliest Australia day yesterday celebrating with Fiona and David on the beautiful South Coast. I am reading Anh Do's wonderful book, The Happiest Refugee, at the moment and there is often mention made of what a wonderful country this is. As a fellow migrant, I wholeheartedly agree. We headed to the coast on Wednesday and it was lovely to share yesterday with such dear friends. 
 We had a lovely walk on the beach.


 Fiona made the whole day so special with lamingtons. Aussie serviettes and delicious prawns for lunch.
 We even met little Nala! She is terribly cute (even for a non pet person like me!)
 Fiona and I hadn't been able to catch up around Christmas so it was lovely to exchange our gifts. Fiona had made me this gorgeous Christmas hanging with Happy Stitching on it. So appropriate!
 Fiona also bought me this delightful pattern by Lynette Anderson for some gorgeous stitched slippers. Must find time to make them!
We also had some time to organise our stitching days that are coming up soon and had a lovely afternoon of stitching too.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

I've read that book too, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I get such a kick out of hearing what migrants love about our Oz! Glad you had such a lovely Australia
Day on Thursday; I believe much of Qld. was under water (again...). We had a perfect day down here in Melbourne ;-)