Friday, January 20, 2012

Stitching....

Finally....a day at home to try and catch up on some projects and to do a bit of 'dreaded' housework. I did just the bare necessities and then started to get a little organised on some of my projects. I prepared the applique shapes for the last parts of block 7 of In my Garden. 
 I have been continuing to stitch this third long border of the Vignette quilt. I can see the end in sight now! I daren't try and time how long these take! Last evening, I stitched all evening and really only completed about 3 of the larger flowers!!!! I haven't even started the centre blocks.


 I also did some cutting today ready for the outer borders of Christmas Fun. The sewing room was a little dark for photos!
Sometimes you  think you will achieve so much when you have a day at home! Still, it really doesn't matter if you don't get all your list completed. It is sometimes nice to just take your time and do things at a more leisurely pace!

3 comments:

Suedio said...

It is the journey, they say, not so much the destination that matters in the end.

Glad you've enjoyed the time you've been stitching, even if the progress isn't as quick as you'd like. Those borders are looking pretty good, Sylvia.

:)

Chocolate Cat said...

What a shame the dreaded housework cuts into our time!!! Looks like you managed a lot of preparation along with the stitching of those borders.

Googy Girl said...

the border looks just wonderful, such a gorgeous quilt...i really wanted to have a go at it but used all my self control to just say no no no....

i always feel like i am going to achieve wonders when i have a day off, and i don't it always takes longer than think....i need to keep telling myself it's the journey...it's the journey