Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

I do hope you have all had a happy Easter break and have enjoyed plenty of chocolate eggs and remembered the true meaning of Easter as well. We have a few naughty eggs to share here too. Can't have Easter without chocolate!
 We headed off to church and there was a lovely symbol of the Easter story using this cross. On Friday it was just a bare wooden cross and today the congregation decorated with flowers to represent new life and the resurrection. It looked beautiful.
 I must admit that I love to head to the Folk Festival each Easter here in Canberra. It is always great to hear all the wonderful musicians and to enjoy the stalls and especially the delicious foods. I made sure I had my German sausage and some Turkish Gozleme as well. I only went for one day so made the most of it and stayed till quite late.
 Saturday's weather was perfect!
 It is hard to take pictures inside but we enjoyed some Spanish music with dancing too.
One of our favourite bands was Dry Bones from Canada. They were terrific musicians and very funny too.

2 comments:

FloS said...

Seems you had a lovely Easter !
Florence

Lyndal said...

Hi Mum,
Happy Easter!
Hope you're keeping some chocs for me! Just kidding, you should eat them.
Love Lyndal