Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stitching progress and Craft Fair quilts

I have been a little under the weather this week with a dreaded cold! It is amazing how tired a cold makes you. So I have had a little at home this morning and have been doing some hand stitching on this Sewing Angel Toolstore, another gorgeous pattern by Anni Downs. The top applique bits had been done ages ago and I just hadn't managed the time to make the pockets etc. There is a lot of handstitching on this project. This is the outside.
 These are the inside pockets to be filled with sewing goodies. It only needs binding now.
I did want to share these pictures of just a few of the many amazing quilts at the Sydney quilt show.



 I just love the felt used on this one.
 This one is made by a very special young lady who visits Hobbysew quite frequently with her talented mum, Helen Godden. How amazing for one so young!
 I do love mini quilts and this one was very special.
 I just love Michelle Hiill's beautiful work with William Morris images. This quilt was so beautiful.

3 comments:

Susan said...

That tool store is just so cute, you will enjoy using it when you finish. The quilts are lovely, I think everyone liked Hooterville. Glad your cold is going.

FIONA said...

Just beautiful Sylvia - nearly finished mine off too! The quilts are divine! Such amazing work - glad you are feeling better! x

Patty C. said...

Just gorgeous!
Glad you are getting past the cold!