Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stitching

Just a reminder that registrations are due in the next week or so for Stitching on the Lake. We are running 2 days on Saturday 20 February and Saturday 5 March and there are still places on both dates at the moment. Fiona and I are busy creating some lovely projects for you to make. Come along and enjoy some stitching time, lots of chat and a delicious lunch, morning and afternoon tea. For details please email me here. Here are some pictures of our recent days.


I did manage some stitching on the cruise. Mind you I packed enough for several months!!! I had a lovely time stitching some of the projects from Anni Downs' new book, The Story of my Day. We are using this book in my afternoon classes at Hobbysew this coming term.



 It was lovely to have a day at home, mostly, yesterday and so I managed to get a few of the samples completed. They are now on display in the shop. I hope to get the last few done over the weekend.




7 comments:

Ros said...

Hi Sylvia - your work looks great - have bought anni's new book and you have inspired me to get started on some projects!! was wondering if you could help me out with finding a pattern for the zippered bag with the little applique houses on it with the little house on the zipper tab - there is one made up in the hobby sew at Belconnen and you had one (I think) at the last retreat - would love to make it but cant remember who the designer is...clues please??? xxx Ros

Sylvia said...

Hi Ros. I couldn't email you as you're email isn't connected. The little zippered pouch is my pattern and it is available at Hobbysew. There was at least one there just last week. I can make more if they have run out. The projects in Anni's book have been fun to make.

Ros said...

thanks Sylvia - as it turns out am unexpectedly in Canberra for the next few days...shop is closed tomorrow but hopefully will get to Belconnen on Wednesday and get myself a pattern!! thanks for your help - should have known it was one of your patterns - so cute!!

Ros said...

have ticked the box for my email just in case :)

Sylvia said...

Had a call from the shop today re that pattern. I will make some and bring them in around 10.30 or so. Come after that if you can.

Sylvia said...

Had a call from the shop today re that pattern. I will make some and bring them in around 10.30 or so. Come after that if you can.

Ros said...

Thanks :)