Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Birthday gift

My friends and I, from the Bay, have a special person each year to buy a birthday gift for. Di was my person this year and her birthday is next week. I bought her some gifts but wanted to give her something to stitch. Years ago we saw and liked this Chook Shed Christmas pattern and so I pieced the background and fused the pieces on and gave her some threads to start blanket stitching the quilt. I wasn't sure if she would like it but she was really pleased. She received her gift early as we were all in Sydney to celebrate Fiona's birthday so we did Di's as well.
After the gifts, we all went to a wonderful Spanish restaurant together. I had a sleep over in Sydney in the apartment and then we had breakfast together. It was a very nice end to a very busy but fun weekend.

No comments: