Friday, May 2, 2014

Finally...some stitching.

Going away for so long certainly bites into your stitching time. I did stitch but now have lots of bits and pieces to add to my large collection of UFOs. Before I went away I did finish my little zippered pencil case from Jane at Be Be Bold. This was started on the cruise in February.
On the cruise and while away I enjoyed stitching these bits and pieces. I made two of these for labels for the little boys' quilts (started before they were born!) and they are now quilted and need binding.
 This appliqued and stitched piece is for an Anni Downs bag.
 I just wanted to stitch this cute Anni Downs stitchery after seeing Audrey's one.
I also enjoyed stitching this canvas work from last year's Christmas stitching day.
 These two stitcheries are for pockets on the lovely bag in The Birdhouse's new book, In the Garden. I am in the middle of making the bag!

Did you know that Natalie Bird is coming to teach at Hobbysew on Friday 30th and Saturday 31st May? What a great opportunity! This is the project we are doing and if you are close to Canberra, then this could be a lovely day out.
Now I had best go and get organised for our second Stitching on the Lake day which is on tomorrow. Looking forward to catching up with all the stitching ladies and to enjoying the delicious food once again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lots of beautiful work Sylvia,well done and hope you all have a wonderful weekend.xx