Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mrs Martin's Quilt Shop

On our last day in Melbourne, Fiona and I headed to Mrs Martin's Quilt shop. I read Karen's blog regularly and have it in my list of favourites. It was exciting to see the shop and we were not disappointed. The shop is in a house and there are several rooms full of wonderful fabrics, samples and patterns. One of my favourite designers, Vivien Robinson, has her samples here and it was great to see her lovely new patterns made up. Fiona and I had planned to go to a few other places on the way to the airport but ended up spending our time here. This is Viv's BOM about the 12 days of Christmas.
This is the sunny classroom with walls of quilts.
This is another of Viv's BOMs. Such a lovely one for a baby.
This is the entry to the shop.
Here are a few other views. The middle one is a bag which is made in lovely colours. I think I have the pattern so thought it would be nice to have a picture to help choose my colours when I make it ONE day.

2 comments:

barbara said...

We'll be in the Dandenongs in a week's time. Must try to fit in a visit to this amazing shop.

Wendyb said...

Wouldn't it be lovely to have one of these in EVERY town!!??? Can see why you never left!
;o) Wendy B