Monday, January 31, 2011

A blogiversary and some lovely quilts

I can't believe it but today is the end of my second year of blogging. I started this little blog exactly 2 years ago today! Thanks, Fiona, for encouraging me to start as I so enjoy sharing my stitching journey and sometimes life journeys with my dear blog readers. I also enjoy reading many of your blogs and making many new  friends with similar interests. Thank you to everyone for reading my rambles and for commenting too. I have some plans for a blogiversary giveaway but am not ready just yet. I will post about it in a few days.
On Friday, Paddy and I went all the way to Tuggeranong to deliver some quilts to be professionally quilted by Robyn of Plain and Fancy quilting. I was very happy to be handing over my Gardener's Journal quilt as that means it is nearly finished! Robyn is a great quilter and it is always lovely to see what she has been making too. The pictures aren't great but it will give you an idea. I just love this scrappy one.
It is from this magazine from the US which looked very familiar. When I got home, I found that I have the magazine in my collection! The quilt is on the cover.
Here is another work in progress.
This quilt was in a bit of a dim hallway but I just had to show you the lovely needleturning and quilting on the four large blocks. I especially love the pieced neutral backgrounds.



I came home very motivated!

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on your 2 year birthday........looking forward to the next year to come...........

Suedio said...

Hi Sylvia

Congratulations on 2 years of blogging. Thanks for sharing your journey and your craft with us.

Regards, Sue

FIONA said...

Happy blogging for 2 years Sylvia! It has been fun hasn't it?? The quilts are beautiful - I can see why you have taken yours there! Looking forward to seeing the finished Gardner's Journal!!