Thursday, January 27, 2011

A start, a little finish and fireworks

I know!!!! I should be finishing things not starting something new but I just couldn't resist. I bought the lovely BOM, Scandinavian Christmas by Lynette Anderson last year and just wanted to start it. I have added the button to my side bar and yesterday I traced and traced to add the grogeous cross stitches that go around the edge of the blocks. I then raided my stash to find some suitable fabrics.
I think these will do! Can't wait to start. Maybe today!
I did manage to finish these 2 little bags from the delightful design by Anni Downs. I made quite a few before Christmas for gifts and just needed some for me!
I will leave with some of the great photos that hubby took of the fireworks last night. It cooled down a bit and we had a very nice evening picnic by the lake with friends.



2 comments:

Raewyn said...

he he... I know that feeling of unresistability when it comes to exciting new projects!! Your little bags are gorgeous, and the photos of the fireworks are great - it can be really hard to get good ones of things like that.

Suedio said...

The fireworks look great Sylvia - glad you had a good time.

You may just have got me ready to start my Scandinavian Christmas quilt. I was planning to finish things in the works first, but there's always room for one more project after all.

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards, Sue.