Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lovely stitching, a completed scissor fob and a BOM started

Carol is making these lovely book marks from the book we are doing in class this term, " The world as it should be" by Anni Downs. They have been beautifully appliqued onto felt ready to finish.
Carol is also working on this nativity applique from a Nancy Halverson book. I just love these fabrics and would love to do this one too. It is so motivating to see what the girls are making.
I searched in my beads "department" and found these little wooden beads! I must have been hoarding them for many years and now I have found a use for a few of them. I will be able to share them with my class next year when we make this in our Term 1 classes.
Lastly, I have been very naughty and started another stitchery BOM. I know I promised not to start another until the other ones are made up but I HAD to have something to stitch and have always wanted to make this quilt in Annie Downs' book, A gardener's Journal. We had fun at class the other night working out which one of these girls represented each of us!

1 comment:

FIONA said...

Wow Sylvia - how productive!! Another BOM! The thing is that you will definitely finish it soon! Stitching girls have done beautifully again - especially that Carol - very beautiful!