Friday, December 17, 2010

Tuesday's show and tell and some celebrations

The Tuesday stitching ladies had a celebration for Christmas this week and brought along yummy morning tea. What a good day to be working. Thanks, ladies. Josie brought along this lovely tea towel she has been stitching. Too beautiful to use!
Sheila brought her beautiful Catherine Wheels quilt in to show. Well done, Sheila.
In the afternoon, it was lovely to see Jill back and here are her gorgeous little stockings she has made. She made them for all her cards. Each person received a stocking with their name on it! Wonderful idea, Jill, though a lot of work!
Yesterday, I went to a lovely lunch with my Thursday Bible study group and we had a wonderful time. We all brought some food to share and it was delicious. We had secret Santa too and I received some Christmas glass baubles to put on wine glasses and I was able to use them in the evening.
Last night, my Wednesday night class girls came here for supper. It was a lovely night of laughter, chat and delicious food. I forgot to take any photos but can share the little gift I made for my Secret Santa. I have so loved making these little bags using the  pattern by Anni Downs. You use rusty wire to make the handle and we just happened to have starry wire at the shop which worked beautifully. I felt very "handy" cutting the wire and using pliers to bend it!!!!
This was my delightful Secret Santa gift (thanks Carol), lovely fabric and a gorgeous star. The other gifts were gorgeous too and now I wish I had thought to take some photos.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for a great evening Sylvia. Had a great time and loved seeing all your beautiful Christmas decorations.