Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis the Season

Chookyblue mentioned this delightful book on her blog recently. The Stitch a long girls are going to do the quilt in this little book next year after we have finished the Gardener's Journal quilt. I mentioned it to the ladies at Hobbysew and we have copies at the shop if anyone is in Canberra and "needs" one. It is a lovely little book by Natalie Bird.
Here is a picture of the other projects in the book.
The stitcheries make lovely cushions. Traced one this morning in case I had time to stitch it before Christmas.
I was also lucky enough to win a lovely pattern by Helen of Hugs and Kisses. She had a very generous giveaway last week and gave away a pattern every day and I won the first one. Here it is. Lucky me and thank you, Helen.
jollyoldsantacoverweb
Here is another favourite decoration. It is a design by Vivien Robinson.

3 comments:

Patty C. said...

The little star is beautiful
Congrats on your recent win :)

Grethe said...

Lovely,funny shape star!And thanks,
I have already ordered the book/ pattern of "Tis the Season" through-Fabric Patch-so maybe... But must finish my GJ first:-)
Happy Quilting to you!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to hear your joining me again next year.......should be fun.......