Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas eve

Last minute shopping was done yesterday and lots of baking ready for tonight and for Sydney. Today feels a  bit more relaxed as there is just dinner to organise for the 6 of us. We've decided to have a hot meal tonight and most things can't be done till closer to the time. I was a bit tired last night but managed to finally start my Some Kind of wonderful quilt! Only a week to go and there are lots of blocks to do but I am pleased I have begun. Might just get another block ready today!
 Hope you are all ready for Christmas. I just love this gorgeous mat (not sure I am brave enough to put a hot dish on it!) that I was given as a gift by a dear friend. It looks very complicated!
 The gifts are wrapped!
 The baking is done...shortbread, florentines, truffles, peppermint crisp meringues and there are lots of goodies in the pantry, probably too many.
Have a very happy and relaxed Christmas enjoying your families and friends.

1 comment:

Chocolate Cat said...

Hope you had a lovely Christmas! Your baking looks and sounds delicious!