Friday, January 29, 2010

Binding and stitching

Woo hoo! I have finished binding the "Your home or mine quilt"! Always such a good feeling to see a project almost finished. I hope the quilting does this lovely quilt justice as that is aways my downfall. I didn't want to overdo the quilting though as the quilt has such nice applique and embroidery.

I loved using these great clips to hold the binding over instead of pins. Such a clever idea.

I also enjoyed pulling our the tacking thread.

When I can, I have been stitching this lovely design by Cinderberry stitches. I am using my favourite DMC 221 red instead of the one Natalie used. I am a bit of a dark red person rather than a pinky red. Just realised that this isn't finished! If you look carefully, you can see that there is a little vine above the owls that isn't stitched. This pattern is an iron on transfer and the lines that transfer are lovely and thin and easy to cover with stitching. I usually prefer to draw my designs on with fine brown pigma pen but this worked well.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Lovely quilt, and such a cute stitchery!